Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Frigidaire Professional Range, made the mistake of trying to

Customer Question

Frigidaire Professional Range, made the mistake of trying to take the oven door off. Flipped up the catches or locks, and pulled the door off in the horizontal position, instead of at 10 degrees or so as indicated in the manual (who reads the manual?). So now I am a dummy and cannot get the door back on the oven. Tried to lever the spring mounted hinges to 10 to 25 degrees out of the door, but they will not stay. Cannot put the door on with the hinges fully retracted as if the door was closed. that is the problem, how to set the hinges. Thanks. here's the range:
http://www.frigidaire.com/Owner-Center/Product-Support--Manuals/?productCode=FPES3085PF
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

So this is going to be difficult to fix and you'll definitely need strength. Lay the door flat on a soft towel face down. Now you'll need to force the hinges open all the way so you can flip up the locking tabs to lock the door hinges. For me, I'll use a 4" x 4" block of wood and place it in the palm of my hand and push straight down on the door hinge to force the hinge open. Then I can flip the tab up to lock the hinge so it doesn't fold all the way back up. Do this 2 both hinges and then you should be able to re-install the door at about a 10-15 degree angle.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.