Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The LG refrig is not opening at all. AT ALL. help! The

Customer Question

The LG refrig is not opening at all. AT ALL. help!
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The bottom drawer is totally not opening at all. Not even an inch.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: Our top Appliance Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Appliance Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Appliance Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So this is a bit of a problem because I'm sure you have food inside your freezer and since the drawer won't open, you can't unload it. If the drawer won't open at all, it means that either one of the rails jammed up, or more likely there is ice build up either on the floor inside the freezer or on one of the rail tracks preventing the drawer from opening. You'll need to remove everything out of the refrigerator section and just unplug the unit for 24-48 hours. It's going to act like a cooler so it'll take a very long time for the ice inside to melt, but you'll need to wait for the ice to melt to see if the drawer can be opened. If so then great, open the drawer when you can and thaw out all ice with a hair dryer. Other than that if the freezer has thawed out and you still can't open the drawer, on of the rails has jammed and the only thing you can really do is force the drawer open by pulling on it carefully. Having a help to distribute the load on the door helps a lot because then you can pull on the handle as well as the sides of the drawer to force it open. Then the faulty rail would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.