Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a WTMC6300us-01 Bosch Dryer. I took it apart

Customer Question

I have a WTMC6300us-01 Bosch Dryer. I took it apart yesterday to do a deep clean of the lint. ( I've done this before with no problems) this time i got it all back together and it will not start. All of the lights come on like normal and it even makes that familiar click sound when the door is shut. but the motor does not come on at all. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

It sounds like the belt switch needs to be triggered. Down next to the motor, there is a plastic switch that looks like the one in the link below

CLICK HERE to see belt switch

This switch is triggered if the belt gets loose or the drum drops down a bit. The tensioner pulley next to the motor will come and push the black plunger toward the motor and that cuts power to the motor. Just remove the back panel of the dryer and push the plunger back TOWARD the tensioner pulley and then try the dryer and it should work again. You may have to push the plunger back and forth a couple times if it sticks but that should be your problem if the door switch is all connected when you re-assembled the dryer.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.