John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My dishwasher drain is plugged and I 't know how to remove

Customer Question

My dishwasher drain is plugged and I don't know how to remove the sprayer arm so I can get I to clean out what appears to be a filter cover
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Water remains in the bottom of the dishwasher after to cycle is complete. I can see plastic residue from the soap pods I use and want to clean it....I don't know how to remove the sprayer arm for easier access
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don't know.....it is an older dishwasher...an Amana First Edition
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

What is the make and complete model off the unit?