Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

We have 6-yr old whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator,,The

Customer Question

We have 6-yr old whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator,,The icemaker sopped making cubes, the cube freezer section is empty. I replaced the (very)old filter and flushed the system, but the cube freezer compartment wont fill up..The water dispenser works OK..People tell me that the water line might be frozen up...Any suggestions???? We love our ice! Thank for your hepl Jack McWilliams
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 9 months ago.

Ok here is the ice maker troubleshooting sheet for that model, first thing to do would be to do the optics diagnostics then if that checks out troubleshoot the ice maker itself. Let me know if you have any questions and what you figure out, if you need part numbers for optic boards or ice maker or the water valve just let me know,

Click here for troubleshooting instructions

In the mean time:

We are on the honor system for our time so I Kindly ask you to rate or vote (whatever it may be called at the top of your screen) my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page.

This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thank you!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That was a waste of $28.00...wrong icemaker model

then you gave me the wrong model number, if you would like to double check that information then that would be great and I would be more than glad to continue helping, however if that is the correct model number I assure you that is the correct information.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
double checked model # *****

ya I will opt out so that another tech can help you with that, thanks.

Expert:  Chas replied 9 months ago.

I am a different tech

Where did you get this model number from?