Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The ice make on my GE profile counter depth refrigerator is

Customer Question

The ice make on my GE profile counter depth refrigerator is not working. We had our kitchen painted this week, and I assumed that our painter had just forgotten to turn the faucet back on from the wall behind the refrigerator. But that didn't make a difference. There is no ice in the ice maker. The green light goes on when the door button is pushed in. Also, I have turned off the unit for 15 seconds and then pushed in the paddle three times when I turned it back on and nothing happened. What else can I try?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

If you turn the icemaker off for 15 seconds and push the paddle in 3 times within 10 seconds and the icemaker doesn't cycle, it means that your icemaker itself is bad. I'm not sure how the icemaker would have gone bad, but if the icemaker won't cycle when going through that sequence, your icemaker is just faulty.

Now just in case the diagnostics isn't working properly, you could disconnect the water line that comes from the icemaker and goes down to the water valve. Disconnect the water line down at the valve and blow through it to make sure it's clear and not frozen stopping water from getting to the icemaker. If it's clear, then definitely just replace the icemaker. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for icemaker

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.