John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My kenmore model 253.21041103 is not freezing cold enough.

Customer Question

My kenmore model 253.21041103 is not freezing cold enough. the high temperature alarm goes off and the red light flashes on and off. The alarm goes off when I push the button but the red light keeps flashing. The temperature in the box seems to be cold enough to keep the food frozen. After a while the alarm will go off again. I have to keep pushing the button each time to cut the alarm off. What do you suggest?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The first thing you'll need to do is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the screws along the top and bottom of the lower back panel inside the freezer. Remove this panel and look at the silver evaporator coils behind this panel and are they packed with frost, lightly frosted from top to bottom, some frost on top but not on bottom, not frost at all, etc... ? Also, is the fan above the coils running?