Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My microwave keeps spinning even when I open the door to put

Customer Question

my microwave keeps spinning even when I open the door to put the food in
.how can I fix this problem
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

If the turntable continues to spin whether the door is open the door or not, it means that either one of your 3 door switches has failed, or the display board has a stuck relay and the display board will need to be ordered and replaced. Now you can't test the display board but if you have a multimeter and know how to use it, you can test the 3 door micro switches. You'll have to remove all the screws going into the outer shell around the back right, left, and top edges. Then remove the screws coming in from the sides. Some of the screws will require a size T-20 safety torx bit to remove (they are star shaped with a pin in the middle). Once you remove these screws, the outer shell will pull straight back, up, and off. Now you can reach in through the right side of the microwave and test the 3 door switched behind the front frame (left of the control panel and you look at the microwave from the front). If one of the switches isn't working properly when you open and close the door, then replace it. Otherwise, if they all test good it means you have a bad display board and it would need to be replaced if you wanted to fix the microwave. If it comes down to the display board the microwave likely wouldn't be worth fixing I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.