John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a PFSS5PJXC SS bottom freezer fridge and yesterday we

Customer Question

I have a PFSS5PJXC SS bottom freezer fridge and yesterday we noticed freezer not cold as should be but fridge seemed fine. This morning both are not keeping temp and we now have a tc on fridge side of display
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

So this "tC" on the display is not an error code, it means that you pressed turbo cool to cool the refrigerator quicker likely when you noticed the refrigerator or freezer warming up. Either way, the first thing you need to do is pull the refrigerator forward and remove the lower back access panel. Look at the fan next to the big black round compressor and is the fan running? If you touch the compressor is it warm, blazing hot, or room temperature?