Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

My issue is that my Samsung refrigerator ice tray will not

Customer Question

My issue is that my Samsung refrigerator ice tray will not dispense the ice into the bucket.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a Samsung Refrigerator French door model #RFG298HDRS. Water fills into the ice tray however the ice does not dispense into the bucket. And does not make new ice since the old ice is still in the tray.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 8 months ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

When you press the test button on the ice maker, does it dump the ice and refill?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No it does not. It just fills the tray. It does not dump ice
Expert:  Chas replied 8 months ago.

You will need to replace the ice maker assembly to repair this problem then. the icemaker is only held in with one screw and a plug in jack

Click here

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Tips are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I replaced the ice maker assembly however the ice does not want come out from the tray. I also noticed that the ice maker on the bottom freezer is not making any ice
Expert:  Chas replied 8 months ago.

I thought we were talking about the one in the freezer, Is the temps in the freezer and the one on top, below 5 degrees in there?