John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

I have a model 79094452700 electric range. The power went

Customer Question

I have a model *********** electric range. The power went out in the house and came back on. When the renter went to turn on the left front burner, it made a popping noise and the display went black. The breaker has been reset and the ranged unplugged and plugged back in. Neither the oven nor the burners work. What is the repair suggested or should we just buy a new one?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

The popping noise you heard was probably the heating element shorting out. I'll look for the necessary technical information I need to help you, and I'll get back to you. Thank you.

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

If you go to www.searspartsdirect.com, and type your model number is ***** search box, then type the words 'surface element' in the looking for part box, you'll see five photos of the parts needed to replace the failed element. Be sure to check the condition of the plug, as it, too, may be damaged.

If you need more help, please get back to me. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.