Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My ge washer has an error reading "the clutch is not

Customer Question

my ge washer has an error reading "the clutch is not mechanically engaging with the basket properly".
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i was running some clothes through the wash and when i cam back it had an initial error stating "a problem has been detected with this unit" so i found out how to find the error where it indicated the note about the clutch. not sure what to do from here
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Lastly the only way to credit me "APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU" is to STAR RATE my post......NOT another TECHS when we are finished otherwise I will receive no credit.....Thank you!

You need to ohm out the basket clutch solenoid, get to the motor and remove the ONLY TWO wire plug to the motor. Test across that plug and you should read about 98 ohms. If you do replace the motor as the inverter board on the motor is bad causing that issue. If you have the model number I can assist with further details as well.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I thought this was going to be a live chat. I'd like a refund if possible

SUre and this is a live chat, but yes if you want a refund no problem

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'd appreciate the refund. Sorry and thanks