Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a side by side amana refrigerator purchased about 10

Customer Question

I have a side by side amana refrigerator purchased about 10 years ago. Model number ARS2464BSO The freezer door opens readily, but the refrigerator door will not open. I am afraid to force it. It feels like there is a lock towards the bottom. Any ideas as how to open it without forcing it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect one of the crisper drawers has gotten caught on a door bar. If you open the door as much as you can and then quickly and somewhat forcefully push it closed, will it release and open?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?