Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have a Maytag Gas oven Precision Touch Control 700. The

Customer Question

we have a Maytag Gas oven Precision Touch Control 700. The top range burners work fine. The oven burner does not. We turn it on and takes forever to heat up.
I removed the bottom plate and tried to turn the oven on. The igniter glows red but it doesn't seem like gas is coming out. I assume the valve is controlled electronically.
Can you tell me what you think the problem is and if its an easy fix? I'd rather not buy a new oven if I don't have to.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The oven igniter is weak, a very common problem. It may glow but it is not drawing ample current through the valve to open it as designed. The igniter will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?