Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Thermador double oven is 17 years old. The display has

Customer Question

My Thermador double oven is 17 years old. The display has become faint. The oven temperature display is almost impossible to see. Can this be fixed cost effectively?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The oven control will need to be replaced or may be sent in for repair. At 17 years old, I would opt for sending it in for repair as the control is probably very expensive if it is available at all. The company below can rebuild your control to restore the bright display.

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Kelly, this seems like a reasonable approach. How, then, do I remove the oven control so that I can send it for repair? And, as far as process for JustAnswer, the email I received yesterday said that I'd get an email from you when your answer was ready. I didn't. So, I went looking on your website. Apparently, JustAnswer doesn't recognize my user name and password. So, I tried to reset the password. The Reset process doesn't work, but does send me an email that promises a temporary password. There was no temporary password, but instead a button that sends me back to this page when I click it. No password ***** in this instance. But, what about next time? All very confusing and frustrating.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

I am very sorry for the issue with your login. I don't have access to anything other than this question so you would need to contact Customer Support for help with your account. The link to them directly is below.

CLICK HERE

As for removing the board for repair, you will need to pull it out and remove the top access panels. Some models you can remove just the front touch pad for access, too.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will send the model number when I have time look for it. Thanks.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

I understand, thank you.

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

I did find one of the kits on eBay that a good portion of the older models take that are no longer available. It is available below.

CLICK HERE