Phil
Phil, Shop owner
Experience:  Degree, Mech. engr. shop owner. 51 years experience
23932409

Heater FV-11VHL2 comes on by itself in the middle of night.

Customer Question

Heater FV-11VHL2 comes on by itself in the middle of night. Is there a sensitivity control?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Phil replied 8 months ago.

Hello, its a defect in its control unit

ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/ventilationfan/om/fv11vh2_en_om.pdf

If the wall switch for the heater was left ON, and then the fan went off by itself, it would also come back on by itself if the heat safety over load had tripped, shut the fan off, then the heat safety switch cooled, the heater would come back on.

http://screencast.com/t/b6cqyTd2

We can go from here without a time limit, if you chose to rate this answer positively. Rating does not close the question, nor increase your charges but is how I earn a living.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
There are two units doing the same thing in separate bathrooms. They were just installed a couple of months ago so I'm thinking it's not likely there both defective. Maybe a setting that's not correct?
Expert:  Phil replied 8 months ago.

Hello again, these are controlled by an on/off switch on the wall, locate that, then turn the units ON and OFF tell me what you have learned.

If you find no such switch, then it is possible that installer left the on/off switch out and wired them to run in heat mode all the time, so they end up cycling on their "high temperature cut out switch" circled in the link on my previous post.

Look all that over closely, tell me what you find, we can go from there.