Phil
Phil, Shop owner
Experience:  Degree, Mech. engr. shop owner. 51 years experience
23932409

Our 36 bottle dual french door wine cooler has stopped

Customer Question

Our 36 bottle dual french door wine cooler has stopped cooling on one side. What is the solution?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, the odds are in the 95% range that the control module that has the temperature read out on it has failed, or the temperature sensor that plugs into the module and has the sensor end on the side that is not cooling has gone bad.

There is a much lesser chance that the solenoid valve that is controlled by that sensor has failed.

Tell me a lot about your technical skills or not, so that I can coach you most effectively. If none of this in your skills area tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city and I will see if I can find a service center for that unit.

We can go from there without a time limit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need a service center in Houston TX
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is by far the best rated service center in Houston, if it is more than 5 miles from your home let me know and I will see who is closer

http://mynewappliancerepair.com/

Please don't forget to rate my service, its how I earn a living and does not close the question for any follow up you might like, nor increase your charges.

THanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They say they don't service my brand.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, its a chinese made cooler, I have an email in to the manufacturer asking where I can get the parts I need.

You may have to buy the parts yourself, then in that case it will be easier to locate a shop who will install them.

Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, I got this from the manufacturer of your wine cooler

Replacement parts may be purchased through us, please contact our customer support team at(###) ###-####/a>.

Luma Comfort***@******.*** via freshdesk.com

Parts for that unit will generally be hard to come by especially as the unit ages, I would print this out and tape it to the back of the unit so save someone a lot of trouble when you need parts later.

We should not buy parts however without a full diagnosis, lets try a few more shops in the area, tell them you have a phone number for parts.

Click here

Call a few of these closest to you home that have at least a 4 star rating, it is hard to find a shop that works on chinese made appliances at times, but if you tell them you have the parts source and will handle the ordering once they have diagnosed the fault, that should work out well

Stay in touch as needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The unit is only 3 years old and is sold under many different brand names.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, yes you are 100% correct, or even 200% correct. It is made in China, many of these mfgrs in china are not set up well to deliver service or parts.

If you are reading this on a cell phone, and do not scroll down you will miss what Ive typed.

But there are solutions.

Did you see this link? Click here

It is important that you click on it....

Had you seen my previous post that tells you where to order parts, and that if you inform the repair shops that you will handle ordering the parts if they like.

I got this note from the US distributor of that product line:

Replacement parts may be purchased through us, please contact our customer support team at(###) ###-####FREE.

We can go from there with absolutely no time limit what so ever.... until this repair is accomplished.