Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Our Maytag LDG4910 gas dryer turns on - ignitor glows and

Customer Question

Our Maytag LDG4910 gas dryer turns on - ignitor glows and flames - when first started but kicks off after about 3 minutes, glows again after about 2 minutes and won't flame again. It just cycles the glowing of the ignitor. I replaced the flame sensor but it still does the same thing. I tested the solenoids: Coil with with 2 terminals: 1,255 ohms; Coil with 3 terminals: A to B - 1,400 ohms; A to C - 575 ohms; B to C - 1,980 ohms. I also replaced the cycling thermostat to no avail. Please help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

The problem is the coils I'm sorry to say. Whether the coils test ok or not, the reason they stop working is that the resistance changes once they warm up and have been opening the valve for awhile. That is why the igniter turns back on but the valve won't open. If you had a bad flame sensor or a bad thermostat, the igniter wouldn't glow. You just need to order and replace the gas coils and you'll be back in business. It's probably the most common way for a gas dryer to fail and the parts are really cheap. Below is a link to the kit which is about $15.

CLICK HERE for coils

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?