Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Fan in my whirlpool microwave model WMH 2175XVB-2 came on

Customer Question

fan in my whirlpool microwave model WMH 2175XVB-2 came on after lightning storm and continuously runs and cannot be turned off. All other functions of microwave operate normal.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Lightning caused a surge in my home which damaged my internet modem, garage door sensors and microwave. When the strike hit my microwave exhaust fan turned on and will not turn off unless I unplug unit. I have reset braker and plugged back in but problem persists
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The electronic control, number 4 in the diagram at the link below, will likely need to be replaced. With the power surge, it would have been damaged and is what controls the fan power.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Access is gained by removing the grille from above the door. Once that is removed, there will be a screw visible at the top of the control panel. Remove that screw and lift the panel and it will hinge down, allowing full access for replacement of that control. Make sure the microwave is unplugged before any disassembly.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?