Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an Amana refrigerator with a bottom freezer. It is

Customer Question

I have an Amana refrigerator with a bottom freezer. It is Model No. BRD18V2W. The
Serial no. is(###) ###-#### How do I remove
the drainage tray? Thank you.
Ruth Pryor
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

The drain pan is not removable. The compressor is mounted over top of it under the freezer along the back. It's designed this way so the compressor will heat up and cause the water to evaporate over time. If you're trying to clean it you'll need to pull the refrigerator out, remove the lower back access panel, unplug the refrigerator, and wipe out whatever you can. Then pour a cup of white vinegar into the pan to clean out what you can't clean out by hand.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your prompt response. I
will try it when I can and will notify you
If I was successful.Ruth Pryor

Alright good luck to you and sorry about the bad news. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?