Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have a bottom freezer fridge. Have had to unhook water and

Customer Question

have a bottom freezer fridge. Have had to unhook water and power several times in the last two weeks due to remodeling of kitchen... ice maker does not fill and make ice now. Have pushed the small cycle button on the bottom of the ice maker and it does cycle but does not fill with water and is leaking water out the back of the freezer were the supply line comes up the back and goes into the icemaker??? Water just seems to leak when I cycle the ice maker
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Water comes leaking out of that connection because the fill hose is frozen going into the freezer. You can open the freezer door and try to thaw out the water line with a hair dryer. You can follow that water line down to the valve and blow through it to make sure it's clear, but there was air in the line to begin with which is why the fill tube freezes to begin with.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.