Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Bought our GE washer in 2010. A couple of weeks ago the spin

Customer Question

Bought our GE washer in 2010. A couple of weeks ago the spin cycle seemed to be very fast and loud. I continued to wash clothes but the other day when I opened it, the water was gone but the clothes were soaking wet. I don't think the spin cycle is working..
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

You have a bearing support failure more than likely. Grab the bottom edge of the inner tub and check it for play up and down, there should not be any. If there is the support is broken. Other than that there is a chance that the rear main pulley has wobbled loose and the belt came off. You can remove the back panel on the machine to check that out and see. That does happens from time to time and you can replace the pulley if it is loose and worn.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU