Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have an older Frigidaire Model FRS26ZNH, I love it, still

Customer Question

I have an older Frigidaire Model FRS26ZNH, I love it, still runs great, I'm starting to smell a slight mildew smell, is there a drip pan I can get to? Don't want to start tearing off things -
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

You can not pull the drip pan out, you can however pull the unit out and remove the panel behind the unit where the compressor is. This will give you access to the drip pan area to wipe some of it out or to put a little bit of a bleach solution in the pan and wipe it down to clear out the smell. The pan is just to the right of the compressor.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU