John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Maytag MES5875BCS. Standard "Bake" works as expected, but

Customer Question

Maytag MES5875BCS. Standard "Bake" works as expected, but "Convection Bake" never gets up to temp. Putting an amp-clamp on one leg of the 220, I can see it cycle properly on "Bake" (55 seconds on, 5 seconds off).
Putting the oven on "Convection Bake," I hear one click but nothing on the ammeter. Ten seconds later, there is a second click, and I read 12 amps. Ten seconds later, a third click, and current goes to zero, and no more clicks or current changes for 40 seconds. Then repeat the three-click cycle. Can hear/see the convection fan running. I held an ice cube on the thermocouple, but no change in behaviour.
Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Does the bake element work? There is no convection element on the unit only a fan