Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My stove, (Kenmore C880 - 638080L0, is a self-cleaning,

Customer Question

My stove, (Kenmore C880 - 638080L0, is a self-cleaning, convection oven), has a control panel that doesn't respond to touch at all, however the clock is still working. The electric rings on the stove-top still work fine. The control panel first showed cp f2 warning so I turned off the power for 30 seconds then turned it on again and now there is nothing displayed except for the clock, as mentioned earlier. Any ideas?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Maybe that the light in the oven still comes on when I open the oven door.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Turn the breaker off for at least 15 minutes to allow a full reset. If the behavior does not change, the control is likely faulty. Let me know what happens, please.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK. I turned the breaker off for the 15 minutes and turned it on and it still is showing the same symptoms. Any other ideas?
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

I suspect the oven control will need to be replaced.

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Are you comfortable with electricity?

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

The parts list and breakdown is attached.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not really.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

If not, then you may want to have it professionally repaired. However, that control is very expensive so you may consider replacing the range.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok, thanks. about how much are they to replace? the control, I mean.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

The control is $308 at the link below. A service call will run $100-150 to replace it.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK, Thanks Kelly. I'll think that over and decide upon consultation with the boss.... you know who I mean!!
Thanks, Ross
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Indeed I do! I live with my wife and three daughters, they are ALL bosses! :-)