John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My washer is locked,it is not running and I can't unlockit

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The door will not unlock if there is water that has not drained from the last cycle. Does the control beep or anything or what happens when you try to start a new cycle? Can you tell if there is water left in the tub?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
None of the above
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Please clarify, no control response and no water left in the tub? Are there clothes in the tub? Is the control turning on or what exactly is it doing?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
there are clothes in the tub.I loaded the machine the way I usually do.When I went to check on the clothes.the machine was not moving.It ws locked and on th clothes sensing cycle
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Okay, that helps, thank you! Are there a lot of suds in the tub? If not, unplug the machine for at least 15 minutes to allow a discharge and reset of the electronics. Let me know what happens, please.