Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My front load washer Whirlpool Duet has door locked with

Customer Question

My front load washer Whirlpool Duet has door locked with pump running and I cannot stop it or open the door. I may have put too much detergent in it when I started this load
What can I do
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The control detects that there is an issue with the amount of water in tub, which could also be caused by excessive suds. If you are pressed for time, you can pour some white vinegar in the detergent dispenser to help dissipate the suds and then rewash the clothes. If you have time, just unplug it for a few hours to allow the suds to calm and then it should be able to be started on a drain/spin cycle after to pump out most of the water/suds.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!