Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I'm having trouble with my Maytag Epic z washer. When I

Customer Question

Hello. I'm having trouble with my Maytag Epic z washer. When I power it on everything looks good. Once I press start the washer stays like in idle like for 5 min then it turns off. It doesn't do anything. What could be wrong with it? Please help. Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

OK let's try to pull up an error code.

1. Close the door.

2. Select any one key (except PAUSE/CANCEL) and follow the steps below, using the same key (remember the key):

Press/hold 4 seconds ➔ Release for 4 seconds

Press/hold 4 seconds

3. Upon release, all console LED lights will turn on for 5 seconds.

4. If there are any failure codes, they will be displayed in the Estimated Time Remaining display. NOTE: This program recalls the most recent failure code first. Press the same key to advance to the next failure code. (If the console doesn’t change then, the same failure code was stored multiple times.) If there aren’t any more failure codes, all the lights on the console will turn on for 5 seconds.

Can you tell me if there is an error code and what it is?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I already did it several times and no lights came on.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Nor codes either
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

OK then that means you're not getting an error code or it won't enter diagnostics. Unfortunately that means you just have a bad control board. The control board will need to be ordered and replace to resolve the issue. The control board is located in the front right corner under the top panel of the washer. Just pull the washer forward, unplug it, and remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. After that you can see the control board mounted to the right side wall in the front right corner. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I finally got a code it's F-28. It was flashing several times. Then all the lights came one and off
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

OK so that is an error code. F28 is a communication error between your main control board and your motor control board mounted below the floor on your washer. You will need to order and replace the motor control board on the floor below the tub to resolve this issue if the wires between the main control board and the motor control board are all securely plugged in. Below is a link to the MCU

CLICK HERE for MCU

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?