Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

GE dishwasher will start sometimes and sometimes not, Lights

Customer Question

GE dishwasher will start sometimes and sometimes not
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Lights come on the panel and when I hit start nothing happens. It is not locked and none of the buttons do anything. 2 days later I hit start and it works perfectly
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: its about 4 years old
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Appliance Technician responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

So unfortunately it sounds like your touch control panel is beginning to fail. Sometimes the steam from the dishwasher can get into this part and cause it to act up and then when it dries out it'll start working again. Either way, if the dishwasher definitely has a good power supply going to it, the touch control panel would need to be replaced to resolve that issue.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?