Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a GE dishwasher model 7508SF28S which was installed

Customer Question

We have a GE dishwasher model 7508SF28S which was installed in Dec. 2014. In December 2015, it failed to drain. Our plumber diagnosed it as a broken pump. The GE technician said it was not the pump, but a failure to drain because of a clog in the drain. He fixed it, but the problem has returned. How do we remove the the grey plastic drain cover to see whether something is clogging the drain pipe. Are you able to call me to walk me through this process? Thanks, Marilyn
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

So you don't actually clear the drain line from inside the dishwasher. You must uninstall the dishwasher to access the drain pump below the door. Then you can access the hose going to the pump as well as the hose between the drain pump and wherever it's draining to under your sink. If you flip the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher and open the door, there are screws either going into the side trim or up into the countertop that hold the dishwasher in place and you'll need to remove those screws. Now every install is unique so the dishwasher may just pull out at that point or you may need to remove the kick panel below the dishwasher and disconnect the fill hose or the power cord or something like that to pull the dishwasher out all the way so you can work on it.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am not ready to rate this answer. I will try to implement this solution later this evening and will likely have follow-up questions. Thank you. Likely I'll call you. Are there any you.tube videos that might help me.

There are no videos that I know of unfortunately.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am not satisfied with this service. The failure to disclose the ratcheting up of charges to be able to speak with you is distressing. For $73 we will call a local repairman. You are not authorized to charge my credit card for any amount. Thank you in advance for confirming that my card wll not be charged. Marilyn ****-*****