Dave
Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  34 years experience as a repair technician
20703114

I am installing a duel fuel downdraft range.I am going

Customer Question

I am installing a duel fuel downdraft range.I am going straight out the wall behind the stove.I called the 800 number to ask about ordering a thermal break that is in the installation manual.I was told it was a flexible plastic 5 " tubing.The manual says to use a solid ,not flexible metal vent.It talks about flexible venting causing turbulence resulting in back pressure and poor exhaust.I want to keep my kitchen as warm as possible but don"t want to lose downdraft performance.Do you know the "thermal break" part #708786A,and does it work well.I am also seeing a ventless option and wanted to know more about that option
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Dave replied 9 months ago.

It's just like dryer venting, but at a larger size and insulated. As long as the vent is not kinked and not very long, there should be plenty of air flow.

Expert:  Dave replied 8 months ago.

Did