Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Neptune intelli dryer model mle 2000ayw does not dry..it

Customer Question

Reed...my Neptune intelli dryer model mle 2000ayw does not dry..it spins fine . but not heat..
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what additional details can I provide you with ??
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the dryer runs but it doesn't heat, the first thing you want to do is test power at the junction block on the back of the dryer where the power cord connects to the back of the dryer itself. Make sure you have 220 volts between the 2 outside power wire terminals. The dryer will run but it will not heat with only 110 volts.

Other than that, the dryer would need to be taken apart to access the heating element below the dryer drum. You'd need to unplug the dryer, remove the angled panel below the door, remove the top sheet metal panel, and then remove the the control panel and sheet metal panel so you can access the belt around the drum. Disconnect the belt and remove the drum and you finally have access to the heater. Use a multimeter to test continuity through the element and the fuses/thermostats mounted to the side of the element. If any of them have no continuity, you need to replace it.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?