Sean F.
Sean F., Customer Service
Experience:  Appliance Tech at Appliance Repair
92140848

Ice maker not working on a whirlpool gz25fsrxyy2, Took back

Customer Question

Ice maker not working on a whirlpool gz25fsrxyy2
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Took back panel off in frigid to see if line blocked. Thawed with hair dryer and doesn't see to sending water to maker.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my EYES & EARS! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem.

Can you please look in your icemaker are the finger that eject the ice are the pointing at one a clock?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
They are pointing downward
Expert:  Sean F. replied 11 months ago.

Please put your fingers in the the icemaker and see if you feel ice in it.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No. Dry
Expert:  Sean F. replied 11 months ago.

O.K if that is the case you have a bad icemaker and will need to be replaced to fix it.

Part number you need is W10377151.

Very easy to install. I can provided you a video if you needing one.

Thanks Sean

****We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still needing help.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'll take the video and thanks for the help.
Expert:  Sean F. replied 11 months ago.

Here is the video www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZR1rFBD7TU

Have a great day