John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

On a samsung range that came with my house neither the bake

Customer Question

On a samsung range that came with my house neither the bake nor the broil works end i get the error code E-08 don,t know anything about the stove.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: like I said, when I set the temperature thhe display shows the actual temperature ov the oven , I get the running bars that suppose to indicate the oven is heating up, buut it is not, and the display remains the same. After a little while the E-08 comes up. Same thing when the oven set for broil
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: The cooktop works fine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Appliance Technician responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Will you please send me the model number, so I can look for the technical information I need to assist you? Thank you.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Do you need any more help, before your request times out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont have the model number the stove came with the house. it is a glass top four burners. The burners work well, but neither the bake nor the broil work. When I set the temperature say for 325 degrees to bake, it shows the actual temperature of the oven like 150 degrees, a row of bars going upwards in the display indicating it should work, there is a clicking noise then it displays E-08 which as I have found out an indication of either faulty heating element or the controls (thermostat). Since the stove is fairly new, I assume the heating elements should work well, it is the controls since neither the bake nor the broil setting works. I am an electrical engineer so tell me step by step what to do then I can fix this problem myself.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By the way it is a samsung
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

If, by the words 'fairly new' you mean the unit is less than one year old, you should contact the selling dealer, or the company, at www.samsung.com. and request a service call by an authorized servicer. If the unit is still in its warranty coverage, the call and necessary repairs should be given to you at no cost.

If you find that the unit is out of warranty, please send the model number to me, so I can look for the technical information I need to assist you in solving your problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I said the stove came with the house. I don't have receipts or model number. When I say fairly new, it looks like about 3-4 years old. I don't think there are so many varieties of 3-4 year old Samsung ranges, especially regarding the controls.