Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a frigidaire professional series stove top electric.

Customer Question

i have a frigidaire professional series stove top electric. The top left front cook top does not turn on. what can be wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

If only one burner doesn't turn on, it means that either the burner switch has failed and the contact isn't sending power to the lower left element, or it means that the burner itself has failed. If you have a multimeter you could take the cooktop apart and test resistance through the left front element. If you don't have continuity then replace the element---otherwise replace the burner switch.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?