John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Maytag Bravos washing machine model MVWB850WGD. It

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Bravos washing machine model MVWB850WGD. It is showing an Sd code error. I had a local appliance technician check it and the washer spins in the early part of the cycle. There is no blockage. He said pump and spin motor is fine. He told me I needed to replace the Control Panel which I ordered and replace. Still the same problem. On the Drain and Spin setting the machine will turn a short distance clockwise then a short distance counterclockwise until it stops and the error code show with flashing lights around the dial. It does the same in the Normal Cycle with about 12 mins left in the cycle. It will spin at the beginning of the cycle.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: That is all I can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Appliance Technician responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my EYES & EARS! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem.

******Your code Sd is most likely related to 'slow drain', which can be the pump in the machine or the drain behind it. Check to be sure the drain is clearing quickly enough and if so, have the pump on the washer checked or remove from washer and clean it out.

I see this a lot with the SD code. Even if the pump is pump it can be getting weak and just not doing the job.

You use HE soap correct?