Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Fisher and Paykel oven Model OB60SL11DEPX1 60 cm

Customer Question

Hello I have a Fisher and Paykel oven Model OB60SL11DEPX1 60 cm Pyrolytic Ove has a 2 year warranty purchased 4/4/2014.
When I turn on to heat temperature goes to 360 deg Celsius and the cooling fan does not come on when you turn it off.
Only started last night.
Can you please assist.
I turned it off at the mains this morning but that hasn't changed any thing.
Many Thanks
Vickie
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Answer:

If the cooling fan is not coming on either the thermostat that trips the fan on is defective or the cooling fan is defective and burned out. If you have a warranty you will want to call for that as this will be an expensive repair to try and tackle on your own.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU

I see this question is still open on my list, if you did not need anything else all I ask is please use the STAR/VOTING rating system at the top of your page to rate my service so I can close this out... Thanks