Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We have a whirlpool cabrio washer type 580

Customer Question

We have a whirlpool cabrio washer type 580 wtw7300xwg..sounds like a bearing is going when it spins. We are getting code "F" without a number.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The machine throws the code when it gets to 39 minutes on a 50 minute cycle. The tub makes a squeezing noise.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Machine is probably 4 years old
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Appliance Technician responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Lastly the only way to credit me "APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU" is to STAR RATE my post......NOT another TECHS when we are finished otherwise I will receive no credit.....Thank you!

Tip the unit up against the wall and get an ALLEN WRENCH and remove the large ALLEN bolt from the middle of the round STATOR. Once you have that loose all the way pull the stator hub off and inspect the stator. If it is all corroded really bad you may not want to fix the machine, as you will need a new stator, bearing seal kit and possibly a new motor control board. Check that out and see and let me know what you find.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU

I see this question is still open on my list, if you did not need anything else all I ask is please use the STAR/VOTING rating system at the top of your page to rate my service so I can close this out... Thanks