John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have whirlpool washer we bought at Lowes about 4 years

Customer Question

We have whirlpool washer we bought at Lowes about 4 years ago.Modelwtw5640xw2.it was purchased 2-9-2012.It has had a grinding sound since we got it .Now the noise is getting worse .In fact we have to close utility door when using because the sound is terrible . It seems to do a good job washing and we have been putting up with that for that rteson . but now the sound is terrible . can you let me know what you think problem is an is it safe to continue using .My name is***** in Defiance ohio.My e mail is***@******.*** .I wonder if there was a recall on this Washer also.Any help will be appreciated,tks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 9 months ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

DOes it make this noise through the entire cycle or only when it is going from like wash to spin?

Expert:  Chas replied 9 months ago.

Do you still need help?