Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a kitchenaid model KDTE204 DWHO that start to whine

Customer Question

I have a kitchenaid model KDTE204 DWHO that start to whine in the wash cycle causing it to stop.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It whines for ten seconds, cuts out for thirty seconds and then keeps repeating same thing.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Lastly the only way to credit me "APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU" is to STAR RATE my post......NOT another TECHS when we are finished otherwise I will receive no credit.....Thank you!

Answer:

This is a very common issue caused by the main wash motor. They have had a lot of issues with the main wash motors whining and buzzing on that unit. You need to replace that to fix the issue. Here is a link to the part for you.

CLICK HERE