John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Trying to clean the oven on my Kenmore Elite dual fuel

Customer Question

Trying to clean the oven on my Kenmore Elite dual fuel range. When I punch in the info needed and hit start, "dOOr" comes up instead of "LOCK". I held the door very tight to see if that was the problem. The small hook that I can see through the hole on the top of the door is not rotating, I think is it supposed to by what I read in the manual? No where in the trouble shooting does it discuss this problem, only whether the info was entered correctly. The symbol dOOr is not addressed anywhere in the user's manual. The guy at 1(###) ###-####did not know and only tried to sell me a service call...a lot of $s where I live in rural Wyoming. I called the local, small Sears store and talked to the nice guy who sold us all of our kitchen and laundry appliances and he could not help. Can you please try to help me? Gwenn Wadsworth (###) ###-####***@******.***
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my EYES & EARS! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem.

One minute please and I will be right with you.

Expert:  Sean F. replied 11 months ago.

You more likely going to have a bad lock motor. Your going to need to pull out the unit to get to the lock motor. It is on the back wall of the unit. You will have to remove the back panel as well. Do you have a multi meter?

Expert:  Sean F. replied 11 months ago.

Did you get a chance to pull out the range?