Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I'm ***** *****. My ice maker stopped working on my kitchen

Customer Question

Hello I'm ***** *****. My ice maker stopped working on my kitchen aid freezer after the water was shut off in the home Now I have a red light that blinks twice, pauses then blinks again
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well I just bought the home. The ice maker was working fine until the water was shut off so I could switch it over to my name
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Using the picture attached below as reference, can you please let me know what you see?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello, the model # ***** ***** When I close the flapper, the red light continues to blink. The fingers are pointing up like in the picture, and the fill tube does seem hard.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

If the rubber tube is hard, it is frozen shut, common when the water has been shut off. If you use a hair dryer and carefully thaw that tube, it will likely start running again. Of course, make sure you don't get the plastic too hot, it will deform with excessive heat from the hair dryer, so keep the heat moving to prevent liner damage.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello. The tube is now soft and pliable. I turned the ice maker off and back on. Unfortunately, it is still not working
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Oh, it will take a couple of hours to cycle.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Oh ok, thank you
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

You bet, please let me know if you have any other issues with it! Also, that tube freezes back several inches, make sure you thawed it all out.

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello, unfortunately thawing out the fill tube didn't work.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hold that flapper in again, keeping your hand out of the way of the beam. Does it still flash or stay on?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok it's still flashing
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Okay, and you are certain your hand is not in the line of the beam (the hole in the flapper) and the fingers are pointing up and forward?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Here is what they look like
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Ah, that helps. Have they been that way or were they lower yesterday when you looked?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No, they've always looked that way
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Okay, they should be down quite a bit more, just pointing up but more forward. I believe the module in the ice maker will need to be replaced. However, the entire ice maker is only about $30 more, so I would replace the entire thing, available below.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok thank you very much for your help
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

You bet!

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.