Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have an AEG LAVAMAT 50265 washing machine and when any

Customer Question

I have an AEG LAVAMAT 50265 washing machine and when any program is started it starts entering water and after about 20 seconds, while still filling up water, it suddenly starts to pump the water out and end light blinks 6 times...
the spin program works fine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Please check the floor drain pipe by pouring a gallon of water into it to see if it's partially blocked. Please let me know the result. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'v already checked the drain pipes and the water entry pipe and they all seemed fine. my suspicion was that its a fault in the motherboard. could this be correct?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

We've ruled out every thing but a control board failure. The part number is ***** and you can buy it at www.espares.com.uk.

Sorry I was not able to call you, as I'm in the U.S.A.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I took the control board to a lab and they checked it and said all is fine... the machine is still not working...
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
by the way, that part you said to get doesn't seem to fit my appliance...(see inclosed file I sent)
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry for the part being wrong. It was the only one I found from my parts sources I will opt out of your request, so other experts can try to help you. Your request will appear on the open screens automatically.

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! It sounds to me like the pressure switch circuit may have issues. The pressure switch is mounted at the top of the machine once the top panel is removed. It will have a very small hose attached to it. If you remove that hose and blow through it (the hose), does air easily pass?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I worked out the prob.
I took the motherboard to a lab and they said that it needed fixing and/[because] that it also indicates a prob with the heating element has burned out. I replaced the heating element (and did find the old one was burned out) and now alls fixed.