Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Frigidaire dryer fasg7073lwo shows door open on display

Customer Question

Frigidaire dryer fasg7073lwo shows door open on display replaced control###-##-####same problem door switch ok
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: display reads door open door switch checks ok replaced control
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

So this dryer is wired a bit different than most dryers. The door switch is wired in line with the high limit thermostats below the dryer drum. You'll need to test continuity through the thermostats below the dryer drum and whatever thermostat has no continuity, replace it. Frigidaire wired it this way so that if the high limit thermostat goes bad, it stops the dryer from running but of course if gives a completely non-intuitive error telling you the door is open when it does occur. Also, these high limit thermostats tend to fail from a partially clogged vent so you'll want to make sure your vent through your house and dryer are clean.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?