John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a energy smart hot water heater whirlpool

Customer Question

I have a energy smart hot water heater whirlpool model#ee3z50rd055b serial#0517126757 product #0830139...power to the unit but no light on the control system...what could be the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Phil replied 9 months ago.

Hello, causes of no light on the controller could be a bad controller or a broken wire leading to the controller.

Take a photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the water heater wiring connections box, that also shows the module wiring, and attach it here using the paper clip icon at the right end of your dialog box and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

Meantime tell me what voltage read you got when you checked the voltage and what device specifically you used to do it.

We can go from there