Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I just used my 1250 watt Panasonic microwave and it heated

Customer Question

I just used my 1250 watt Panasonic microwave and it heated my food. I went to heat a second plate and the light in the microwave comes on but nothing happens then after a few seconds it shuts off? Whats going on and how do I fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Lastly the only way to credit me "APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU" is to STAR RATE my post......NOT another TECHS when we are finished otherwise I will receive no credit.....Thank you!

Ok so can you program it and press Start and it turns on and then shuts right off?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The light turns on but the microwave does not. After a few seconds the light goes off and the touch screen goes to time only (clock)

Ok does the internal fan come on when the light comes on? Or just the light?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Only the light comes on.

Ok can you check the door switches on the unit you may have a bad door interlock switch causing that issue as it would be the most common thing to cause that problem. Here is a video to assist you with that

CLICK HERE

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU