Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My fridge blocks up with ice every few months and I have to

Customer Question

My fridge blocks up with ice every few months and I have to turn off till it melts. In my old fridge I could use curtain wire down a hole andclear s is possible with the n375T model?/
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The freezer top blocks with ice at the outlet hole
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Appliance Technician responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Lastly the only way to credit me "APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU" is to STAR RATE my post......NOT another TECHS when we are finished otherwise I will receive no credit.....Thank you!

That is a defrost drain line issue, there is a drain behind the rear BACK INNER panel on the unit. You need to remove that panel get to the drain pan under the evaporator defrost it with hot water, hair dryer or steamer...that will expose the drain hole. Once exposed used a turkey baster and hot water or a steamer to blast the ice in the line clear. Once you have it clear pour 1.2 cup of hot water down the drain to make sure the drain works and reassemble.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
will try this in the next couple of days thank you

OK no problem all I ask is please my service before leaving and that will allow you to get back to me anytime directly for FREE followup questions thanks!