Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a ge monogram dishwasher ZDT870ssf5ss that is not

Customer Question

Hello, I have a ge monogram dishwasher ZDT870ssf5ss that is not cleaning. We are 4 loads in a row with no cleaning. 2 of which the detergent door did not open. We have tried multiple cleaning modes and cleaned the filter...which was extremely dirty. The last 2 loads I added a cup of vinegar. The dishes come out dirty. What would be the appropriate next debug step?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Lastly the only way to credit me "APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU" is to STAR RATE my post......NOT another TECHS when we are finished otherwise I will receive no credit.....Thank you!

Does the main wash pump run and does the unit fill with water?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I believe so, because the dishes are getting wet....but I have not interrupted a cycle to check what is going on during the cycle
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Note, the unit is 9mo old....

Ok it is still under warranty have you had anyone out to check it out?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Just happened today....Wife doesn't want to do the dishes by hand, so was trying to figure it out...will call GE tomorrow.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Just started 5th cycle (express) and will interrupt the cycle 10min in to see if full and pumping....

OK let me know this could be a draining issue or filling issue.