John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Bosch Aquastar Gas Tankless Water Heater. It is

Customer Question

I have a Bosch Aquastar Gas Tankless Water Heater. It is about 8 years old. It will not ignite. I do not hear the piezio igniter popping nor do I hear the water flow generator spinning. I cleaned the water filter, but no change? How do I test the water wheel generator and igniter/
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Lastly the only way to credit me "APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU" is to STAR RATE my post......NOT another TECHS when we are finished otherwise I will receive no credit.....Thank you!

Does the exhaust fan come on at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model number is ***** It does not have an exhaust fan. Exhaust vents straight up thru flu. I found manual and I need to test voltage output at hydro generator or at least remove it and check for blockages .

Yes if it does not kick on at all the generator may be stuck and not seeing water flow through the unit can you check that first?