John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I was wondering if I have to clean a filter in my quiet

Customer Question

I was wondering if I have to clean a filter in my quiet partner II whirlpool dishwasher? I haven’t done anything to it since I got it years ago.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Where is the filter and how do you clean it?
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No. It works well I think.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 9 months ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. Some Whirlpool dishwashers have filters and some automatically clean and pump down the drain. What is the model number so I can check for you? It is on the front side of the tank frame after you open the door.